Job Title: ElectricalEngineerI/II
Reports to: VP Engineering
Pay: Full time, Salary
Location: Renton, WA
The Electrical Engineer I/II is a highly impactful contributor working with a cross- functional team in the design, delivery, and maintenance of next generation LED lighting products targeted at utilities and municipalities. You will interface with our internal engineering design team, in addition to external vendors and suppliers, to direct and coordinate activities involved in development, testing, manufacturing, application, installation, and repair of lighting products and systems.
• Designs and develops cost-effective and reliable electrical solutions for LED-based lighting products
• Creates electrical designs for LED arrays, LED power supply drivers, control and protection circuits, and value-added accessories including sensors and communication capabilities
• Bench tests and validates designs from concept through production release and support analysis of manufacturing and customer root cause failures
• Creates engineering documentation such as schematics, PCB layouts, assembly drawings, BOMs, test procedures, etc. necessary for prototype and product implementation
• Provides project management of electrical design activities such as scheduling, status, vendor coordination, and issue resolution
• Researches and analyzes electrical, thermal, optical and environmental parameters that ensure performance and cost objectives
• Designs products or systems to meet the customer, manufacturing and field service requirements
• Ensures products comply with regulatory requirements, such as safety and certification standards, and oversees certifications
• Works with vendors and manufacturing resources to deliver prototype through production assemblies, evaluates alternative source components, and resolves manufacturing issues
• Works with manufacturing resources for developing test and production fixtures and assembly processes
• Evaluates competitive products from vendors and other market resources for technical assessment and feedback
• Actively contributes to engineering processes, tools, and infrastructure
• This job description is to be considered the foundation of responsibilities, not the boundaries
• Bachelor’s degree (BSEE) or equivalent; plus 0 – 5 years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Experience with schematic capture software, PCB layout tools and circuit simulation tools, such as pSpice
• Experience with PCB fabrication, SMT and through-hole circuit board assembly, testing and troubleshooting
• Experience with embedded control electronics such as microcontrollers and sensors. Rapid hardware/firmware prototyping experience on Arduino or related a plus.
• Familiarity with switching power supply design. LED driver experience a strong plus
• Familiarity with wireless module experience such as Bluetooth, WiFi, or cellular a strong
• Must be legally authorized to work for any employer in the United States of America
• Ability to apply generally accepted engineering practices to the design and manufacturing of electronic lighting products
• Ability to research, design, fabricate and test printed circuit boards, assemblies, cabling, and electronic systems
• Ability to troubleshoot analog and power electronics with oscilloscopes, power meters, AC/DC supplies and multi-meters
• Ability to manage and coordinate multiple simultaneous projects spanning diverse levels of detail and priority
• Working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, data entry, email, and calendar software
• Working knowledge of revision control systems and processes
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work independently as well as in cross-functional teams including engineering,
marketing/sales, and manufacturing
• Brings an enthusiastic, self-motivated, proactive, entrepreneurial and highly innovative
attitude and is comfortable wearing multiple hats in a fast-moving and highly dynamic environment
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The Physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Physical Demands- The employee is frequently required to sit and be in front of a computer screen. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision ability required by this job includes close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Evluma is a leader in the design and manufacturing of industrial solid-state illumination (LED) products that save energy, reduce light pollution and curtail maintenance costs. The talented team at Evluma includes experts in the fields of color science, optics, electromechanical production, and electrical, mechanical and software design, many of whom have been working together for years. Our patented FailsafeTM feature is a strong differentiator among major lighting competitors.
To apply for this job email your details to CAlari@evluma.com