My AREAMAX™ or OMNIMAX™ is flashing. What does this mean?
- When an Evluma lamp is first powered on it will flash to indicate the mode that it is in.
- Flashes 1x - The lamp is in Failsafe Mode.
- Flashes 2x - The lamp is in Classic Mode.
- Flashes 6x - When you connect to an Evluma lamp with ConnectLED™, it will flash 6x to confirm that you have connected to the lamp.
- Flashes 3x + 1 - You have successfully disconnected the lamp from service using ConnectLED™. The lamp will remain off at all times.
- Flashes 20x - The lamp time has not been set. Please set the time using ConnectLED™.
AREAMAX/OMNIMAX Modes Defined
- Failsafe Mode – Photocontrol Failsafe™ is activated and the Evlulma lamp is collecting dusk-till-dawn transition events from the photocontrol. If the photocontrol should fail, Photocontrol Failsafe™ will take control of the light. Please see Technical Bulletin.
- Classic Mode – Photocontrol Failsafe™ is not activated. If the photocontrol should fail the light will remain in the failed condition. Typically, a photocontrol fails in the ‘on’ position.
If your photocontrol should fail within the first 15 days and miss 3 dawn to dusk events, Photocontrol Failsafe will initialize and respond according to either
- the regional settings programmed at the factory or
- to the official sunrise and sunset times for that exact location if ‘Installed’ with ConnectLED. If the photocontrol should fail after the first 15 days, Photocontrol Failsafe will adjust for the unique environmental conditions surrounding the lamp. Likewise, if the lamp is displaced from its original programmed location, Photocontrol Failsafe will adjust the on/off response accordingly. Feel confident in the reuse of old photocontrols knowing you will have light at night regardless of when it might fail.
If the move is within the same district then there is no need to re-install it with the ConnectLED Install function. If the move is across state, then re-installation is a good idea.
The AreaMax will adapt its calibration continuously even if it is moved, but using the Install function in ConnectLED is the preferred method to reinitialize it. The calibration can be reset to a zero state by using the Install function on ConnectLED. This updates both the time and the GPS settings used by Failsafe as the initial starting point for its calibration and triggers the reset. The time zone will need to be manually updated in the tablet SETTINGS if the lamp location moves to a new time zone.
No. The AreaMax runs on UTC (Coordinated Universal Time).
"Coordinated Universal Time (French: temps universel coordonné), abbreviated as UTC, is the primary time standard by which the world regulates clocks and time. It is, within about 1 second, mean solar time at 0° longitude, it does not observe daylight saving time." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coordinated_Universal_Time
The time zone settings define local solar time, placing noon when the sun is highest overhead. Daylight savings time is an artificial adjustment, unrelated to the sun’s exact cycle that shifts hours of daylight later into the evening. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daylight_saving_time
It is not necessary to perform a “glove test” on AreaMax models with the integrated photocontrol. If this is the preferred method of testing, please allow up to two minutes for the photocontrol to energize the light.
At installation, every model of the AreaMax will flash. This flash indicates that the AreaMax is functioning properly and the mode that it is in. A red LED light located at the edge of the white internal reflector also serves to indicate that the AreaMax is connected to power. The red LED light might be hard to see in bright sunlight.
Response times during the installation testing of all market available photocontrols vary based on pre-installation lighting conditions. For most photocontrols, a capacitor stores light energy as a safety precaution against rapid changes in lighting, such as clouds passing or headlights. This maintains the consistent, safe operation of the luminaire.
On 9/1/2015 Evluma started shipping AreaMax with a newly designed integrated photocontrol. Usually, our design improvements are “under the hood,” but in the case of the photocontrol with its thick, UV-resistant transparent polycarbonate you can “see” this change.
GENERAL QUESTIONS EVERY LED LUMINAIRE MANUFACTURER SHOULD ANSWER:
Evluma products designated as "ROHS" are compliant with the threshold requirements of the following: European Union's Restriction on Use of Hazardous Substances directive (EU Directive 2002/95/EC ("RoHS 1 "), recast Directive 2011 /65/EU ("RoHS 2"), four phthalates Within (EU) 2015/863 and Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemicals ("REACH") substances of very high concern (SVHC) above the regulatory threshold of 0.1 % at the Article 33 level.