Job Title: Engineering Technician
Reports to: VP Engineering
Pay: Full time, Hourly
Location: Renton, WA
The Engineering Technician works with design engineers, cross-functional teams, vendors and manufacturers to develop, test, troubleshoot and document hardware and software solutions for next generation LED lighting products targeted at utilities and municipalities.
• Interact with functional leads of all design disciplines to develop and test products and solutions
• Provide technical support and aide to engineering staff. Perform complex tests using various test equipment. Help
solve mechanical and electronics problems involved in the operation of the product
• Build, test, and modify prototype systems and test fixtures
• Perform or oversee product testing from vendors for thermal, environmental, electrical and mechanical performance
• Troubleshoot product issues identified by vendors or manufacturers and work with other engineering staff to resolve
• Troubleshoot field failure units to identify primary failure and root causes
• Create wiring diagrams, assembly/test procedures, engineering change order redlines, and test reports, as needed
• This job description is to be considered the foundation of responsibilities, not the boundaries
• Associate degree or equivalent from two year college or technical school; or equivalent combination of education
• Two to five years of related work experience
• Experience building, testing, and debugging electrical and mechanical assemblies
• Experience in a small, multi-hat, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment preferred
• Must be able to legally work for any employer in the United States of America
• Ability to read mechanical and electrical drawings, wiring diagrams, and assembly procedures
• Ability to work with electrical test equipment such as Digital Multi Meter and Oscilloscope
• Ability to perform surface mount soldering and simple PCB rework
• Ability to multitask on various projects and is self-motivated to initiate new projects to resolve issues or improve
processes or documentation
• Familiarity with CAD programs for PCB layout and/or 3D printing a plus
• Familiarity with Arduino or related hardware and software prototyping a plus
• Excellent attention to detail and highly organized
• Working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, data entry, email, and calendar software
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The Physical demands and work environment described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Physical Demands- The employee is frequently required to sit and be in front of a computer screen. The employee
is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move
up to 25 pounds. Specific vision ability required by this job includes close vision, color vision, depth
perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Evluma is a leader in the design and manufacturing of industrial solid-state illumination (LED) products that save energy, reduce light pollution and curtail maintenance costs. The talented team at Evluma includes experts in the fields of color science, optics, electromechanical production, and electrical, mechanical and software design, many of whom have been working together for years. Our patented FailsafeTM feature is a strong differentiator among major lighting competitors.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/index.php?/job/apply&clientkey=E7ACCAD9848923A3024A72A873899FF4&job=18426&jpt=rt →